I was nominated by Bambinotions for this tag, my first on this blog! How exciting and appropriate for the night before Christmas. I always enjoy oversharing about my beauty routine etc. so this should be a fun time.
1. Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skincare routine?
Nice…. I hope! I’ve been pretty good about using moisturizer and acne treatment things daily, but I can’t say that I haven’t skipped a few days.
2. What’s the go-to beauty, makeup, or skincare product you would gift to your family and friends?
This is tricky because skin types and preferences among my friends vary wildly but I like to give small stocking stuffer type things along with my “main” gift. I find that most of my friends appreciate a good lip balm, this being Colorado and all. For my more cosmetically inclined friends I try to find a drugstore lipstick that aligns with their color preferences, or I’ll even sanitize and regift a product that I never use (don’t tell anyone that… I ask first though, so don’t kill me!)
3. Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather drug store products to others?
Drugstore. I rarely have the money to spend on high-end things for myself, let alone other people!
4. What are the beauty products you’re hoping to get to see under your Christmas tree this year?
Well this is a bit of a cheat question because I told my mom what I wanted, haha. I asked for the Kat von D lipstick in Piaf and the Anastasia Dipbrow in Ebony.
5. What is the beauty product that you’re dreading to receive for Christmas this year?
Probably some skincare thing, because I’m firmly rooted in my skincare routine and I don’t need any weird new stuff to try. I doubt I’ll be getting anything particularly bad since, as I mentioned, I told my mom what makeup I wanted!
7. Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a Christmas gift? What was it and did you enjoy it?
I only really started getting into makeup in early 2014 so last Christmas I got a Sephora brush set from my sister. It’s a nice little kit and I use the powder and blush brushes daily; I’ve found that the two fluffy eyeshadow brushes have started to shed, though, so boo.
8. What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking stuffer?
Hmmm…. This isn’t literally a mini, but it’s a very small and inexpensive thing anyways: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream! They’re $6 if I remember correctly so tying up 2 or 3 would be a cute gift. Nyx also sold gift sets and the SMLC sets came with 3 lipsticks for $11. Not a bad price at all!
9. Would you rather your friends and family ask you gifts you wanted to receive or have them surprise you?
Ask, definitely. I’m very particular with makeup and I’m not the most willing person to try new things that I didn’t ask for!
10. What is your favorite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit?
I’m too lazy for that! I like to channel my Christmas spirit other ways…. such as sleeping and eating Christmas candy.
I guess this is an obligatory part of this tag from the OP so here’s this:
For this tag, remember to:
- Copy and paste the questions below and give your answers to them in a blog post
- Feel free to use the banner from this post on your post as well
- Tag as many of fellow bloggers as you want
- Remember to link back to Miss Lindapendent just in case some of these questions get a bit muddled up for the next tagger (I’m look at you Mr. 40 Beauty Questions Tag with 42 questions!)
- Let Linda from Miss Lindapendent know once you’ve published the blog post and she will link to your post on the original post so others can read it
Here’s the list of questions so you can copy and past them onto your blog.
10 Christmas Beauty Questions Tag
- Have you been naughty or nice this year with your skincare routine?
- What’s the go-to beauty, makeup or skincare product you would gift to your family and friends?
- Do you mind gifting high-end products or rather drug store products to others?
- What are the beauty products you’re hoping to get to see under your Christmas tree this year?
- What is the beauty product that you’re dreading to receive for Christmas this year?
- Are you are beauty blogger participating in Blogmas this year? If so what is the post you’re most proud of so far?
- Do you remember the first beauty product you received as a Christmas present? What was it and did you enjoy it?
- What mini size product would you recommend as a great stocking stuffer?
- Would you rather you friends and family ask you gifts you wanted to receive or have them surprise you?
- What is your favourite way to show Christmas spirit through your look or outfit?
Aaand finally I tag….
I’ll admit I don’t know very many people in the beauty blogging world, hah.